Freedom of information
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act came into force at the beginning of 2005. It provides individuals or organisations with the right to request information held by a public authority.
In order to comply with the Act, Coleg Menai has compiled a Publication Scheme. The purpose of the Scheme is to inform the public what information is readily available from Coleg Menai.
In creating and reviewing this Scheme, we have to consider the public interest when:
- Allowing public access to the information we hold.
- Publicising the reasons for decisions that we make.
By law, our Scheme must:
- Set out the classes of information that we publish or intend to publish.
- Say how we will publish the information in each class.
- Say if we will provide the information free or charge for it.
The Coleg Menai Publication Scheme follows the standard format required by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) from January 2009 and used by Further Education colleges in the United Kingdom. The Scheme will be reviewed annually.
Click here to read our publication scheme.