Who should attend:
The course is suitable for all persons taking on the role of an appointed person within higher risk places of work.
The course is delivered over eighteen contact hours, and has been designed to cover the elements that are required by the Health and Safety Executive in line with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regs 1981. It also gives an overview of the relevant legislative considerations in the provision of first aid in the workplace.
There are no pre course requirements for people wishing to attend this course.
The course is designed to give the participants the skills to be able to help an ill or injured person, and covers a variety of topics as detailed below.
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Treating the Unconscious Child
- Managing Airway and Breathing Problems
- Managing Circulatory Disorders
- Treating Other Serious Injuries
- Treating Other Serious Medical Conditions